Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity
- Contact information such as email addresses from site users who want to log into and access BranchED online services, or who want to receive e-newsletters or other content from BranchED. BranchED may collect address information of users’ educational institutions, businesses and/or organizations, or personal addresses if it is shared in lieu of the aforementioned.
- As BranchED is incorporated as a non-profit organization (federal 501(c)3 designation) in the State of Texas, U.S.A., it can receive monetary contributions online, and this area of the website collects credit card information through secure SSL encryption for the purpose of processing donations.
- User names and passwords for creating accounts. When users create accounts, it allows repetitive use of BranchED’s online services. Passwords are encrypted information. In the event a user chooses a password that allows access to certain areas of BranchED’s website/portal and/or services, the user is responsible for keeping their respective passwords confidential. BranchED requires that users DO NOT share their respective password credentials for accessing its website/portals and/or services with anyone.
- In cases where BranchED services include search fields for content or answers, BranchED may collect information about what topics users query and other search items.
- User content such as comments in online interactive areas, uploaded photos and video posted in BranchED online services.
- Data/Log Files that allows BranchED to monitor analytics of its website/portals and services. BranchED follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. The information collected by log files are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
The information BranchED collects primarily is used in services or to provide services to its users and to improve users’ experiences while accessing said services. Information collected also is used to identify users, respond to user queries and to enhance the services BranchED provides.
BranchED strives to protect user information from unauthorized access and against unlawful processing and use, as well as accidental loss. The transmission of information through the Internet is not absolutely secure. Even with steps taken to protect your personal information, BranchED cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted through its website/portals and services. Hence, any transmission of personal information is taken at the user’s own risk. For user protection, however, BranchED does:
- Follow industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information and personal details. The site uses secure SSL encryption for donations.
- Perform annual audits to ensure our handling of user credit card information aligns with industry guidelines.
Additionally, BranchED is committed to maintaining the privacy of the personal information collected on its users, therefore:
- BranchED does not share the email or physical address of any of its users for whom such information is collected.
- BranchED does not sell or lease the email or physical address of any of its users for whom such information is collected.
- BranchED email and physical mailing lists are maintained with security measures in effect.
BranchED keeps collected information for as long as it deems reasonably required or as long as data protection legislation allows.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
Users can choose to disable cookies through their individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites, usually under “What Are Cookies?”
A main part of BranchED’s priority is adding and maintaining protection for children while using the internet. BranchED encourages parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their children’s or assignee’s online activity.
BranchED does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on BranchED’s website, you are strongly encouraged to contact BranchED immediately in order for the organization to employ its best efforts to promptly remove such information from its records.